When a new version is released on the phone or our favorite application, we run to update as soon as possible. This is because we understand that the new version has even more cool features. Same with Magento. When another version of this platform came out, as many entrepreneurs as possible wanted to move their stores. Therefore, in this article, we will analyze how to do it correctly.
Before migrating, everyone has a choice: perform this process on their own or contact the magento 1 to magento 2 migration service. It all depends on your skills. Although at any time you may need the help of a specialist.
To start the migration process, you should study your store in as much detail as possible. Remember all the details and their features. It is best to fix them on a table or somewhere on a piece of paper. Review the codes, all settings, and other important points to transfer your store to the new platform as accurately as possible.
To properly prepare yourself, pay attention to the following requirements that you will need for the migration process:
- Magento core changes have been addressed with custom modules and extensions;
- Any business logic embedded in the templates was resolved by sending it to the block classes interacting with the controller classes;
- All third-party extensions that were found and that the new version is from the same provider;
- All 3rd party extensions that could not find or get a compatible version for Magento2 where an upgrade to a new version would have been developed by the development team assigned to migrate;
- All custom extensions that have been requested by the store’s business team, or custom requirements where Magento 2 versions have been built by the development team assigned for the migration;
- It was possible to completely remove all extensions that were disabled without causing any component of the store to malfunction, including the store itself completely;
- And finally, the theme part, if it was owned by a particular provider who got the version for Magento 2, or in any case, if there is no such version or it was a custom theme requested by the store, who managed to get the checklist, details and its description, as well as the availability CSS links;
If each of the previous points is completed and confirmed, we can proceed to the next step.
For the migration process to be successful, we will look at the main steps that will need to be taken.
- Locally mount a server system like XAMPP, WAMP, WinNMP
- Install Magento 1 with portable storage.
- Perform a clean install of Magento 2
- Make sure you have PHP 7 language installed.
- Install the data migration tool on a clean install of Magento 2.
What we need is to work with the migration locally so as not to interfere with the store project that is in production. This provides more security and makes it possible to repeat the process, so it is recommended to install either Windows or Linux any of the existing tools.
If you properly prepare for the migration and familiarize yourself with all the stages, then you can be 100% sure that everything will go perfectly. If you are afraid that you will not be able to migrate on your own, then this is not a problem at all. Absolutely everyone has the opportunity to turn to https://dinarys.com/ for help. Thus, the transfer of the store will be entrusted to professionals, and you will save your time and nerves.